Top tips to keep in mind as you plan your event and start the venue negotiation process.
1. Negotiate fairly, hotels and venues are businesses, they need to generate revenue.
2. Know as many of the details as possible before sending a request for proposal to venues. More information makes for better proposals. Better proposals give you a great start to the negotiation process.
3. Be as honest as possible when talking money with the venue. Tell then what you can afford vs. letting them tell you what it cost.
4. Understand your audience, and the type of venue and event they like. Negotiate with your attendee in mind.
5. Never sign a contract without fully understanding the implications.
What are your tips? Share them on Twitter of Facebook.