Attendee Wants� Take Center Stage
Meeting Professionals International (MPI) has published its Meetings Outlook, 2015 Summer Edition. A renewed focus on attendee engagement, based on their wants, is emerging at a time when planners are re-experiencing a strong meetings market and facing challenges such as budgets that are disproportionate to costs.
The quarterly report key findings include:
- 72% of meeting professionals expect overall business conditions to improve in the near future, up from the 65% percent reported one year ago.
- 62% of respondents expect their meetings to grow, up from 53% one year ago.
- 11% fewer respondents predict an increase in virtual events compared to last year, 57% vs. 68%.
- 81% of respondents say their CEOs have witnessed how meetings and events yield tremendous value for companies.
- 83% of meeting pros are tailoring communications around the demographics of their meetings and events.
- 36% of respondents are making meetings more engaging by participating in community volunteerism at the site of an event.
To view the full report click here.
Meetings Outlook is developed in partnership with Visit Denver, The Convention & Visitors Bureau, and is supported in partnership with the IMEX Group.