The Meeting Planning Industry Needs a Lasting Strategy
On this episode of Event TALK we are speaking with Christy Lamagna, Founder and Chief Strategist of Strategic Meetings and Events. Our discussion focuses on the need for the planning industry, and meeting professionals to be more strategic to insure long-term success.
Listen to show host Al Wynant and guest Christy Lamagna discuss the following:
- The definition of “strategy” as it relates to the event and meeting planning industry?
- Why the industry is not as strategic as one might expect.
- The pain points and top areas of interest the industry could address by being more strategic as a whole.
- How an individual planner can play a role in being more strategic.
- Top pieces of advice for planners who want to be more strategic and successful in their profession.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Christy Lamagna, Founder and Chief Strategist of Strategic Meetings and Events has 27 years of experience in the industry. She is a former Vice President of a Fortune 20 company and a member of five start-up organizations. She is a nationally recognized, award-winning strategic planner and entrepreneur, she writes for multiple industry publications, speaks at conferences worldwide, has a private coaching practice and has taught event and meeting management classes at a college level for 10 years.
She is now working on an industry textbook focusing, on the science of strategic planning. She speaks at industry events whenever possible as a way of giving back to the profession that has given her 27 years of career satisfaction.
Explore all shows