Kurt G. Gehlsen, Ph.D.
Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer at RCT
Gehlsen provides scientific leadership in the review and oversight of RCT’s biomedical investment activities. He works closely with the company’s technology identification, development and business functions. Gehlsen has 20 years experience working in private and public companies, pharmaceutical product development, basic research, clinical development, regulatory affairs, strategic planning, business development, investor relations and executive management.
- Research Corporation Technologies
Vice President & Chief Scientific Officer, 2005-present
- Maxim Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Senior Vice President, Development & Chief Scientific Officer, 1996-2004
- Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center
Associate Professor, 1995-2001
- Trauma Products Inc.
Founder & Chief Executive Officer, 1993-1995
- California Institute for Biological Research
Associate Staff Scientist, 1993-1995
- La Jolla Institute for Experimental Medicine
Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, 1990-1993
- Pharmacia Inc.
Director of Research, Experimental Medicine Division, 1989-1993
- La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation
Research Associate, 1988-1989
Postdoctoral Fellow, 1986-1988
- The University of Arizona College of Medicine
Ph.D., Anatomy, Physiology, Cancer Biology
- The University of Arizona
B.S., Civil Engineering & General Biology, Minors in Chemistry, Physics & Mathematics