Set-up And Manage Successful Festivals
Terry Adams, President and CEO of the Cherry Creek Arts Festival in Denver, Colorado joins Event TALK & is here to discuss how to set-up and manage successful festivals.
Listen to Eric Dye & Terry Adams discuss the following:
- Tell us a little bit about The Cherry Creek Arts Festival.
- Starting the planning process of a festival, what are the key items one must consider right from the start?
- The Cherry Creek Arts Festival is in its 24th year, how do you keep a festival fresh?
- In promoting a festival, what do you do differently from other events?
- As a festival is in full swing, what are some of the most important items a planner must be aware of?
- What metrics do you use to define if your festival was successful?
̢���_- What are your top 3 tips for planners who want to produce a successful festival?
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
More about our guest:
Terry Adams brings many years of experience to his position as the President & CEO of The Cherry Creek Arts Festival in Denver, Colorado. Following graduation from the University of Arizona with a degree in Accounting, he dedicated 15 years to the Up With People organization.
During his years at Up With People he provided 6 years of full-time service travelling with the international performing groups and working in all aspects of Cast management. Adams then moved into the corporate headquarters where he became the Director of Special Events. This position allowed Terry the opportunity to manage several national and international events including: Super Bowl XXV Pre-game Show (Tampa, Florida), World League of American Football Opening Ceremonies (Frankfurt, Germany), World Ice Hockey Championships (Stockholm, Sweden) and Super Bowl XXIV Corporate Pre-game Gala (New Orleans, Louisiana). Following that assignment, Adams became a Cast Director overseeing all aspects of successful management of a full touring Cast.
In 1995 Adams re-located to Sioux Falls, South Dakota to become the Development Director for a K-12 Catholic School System. Responsibilities there included leadership of all fund raising efforts, alumni activities, special events, major gift giving, and annual giving. He also directed a $5 million capital campaign designed to build a new Junior High School.
Adams joined the Cherry Creek Arts Festival team in February of 2001.
Terry, and his wife Lindsay have three teenage children.