The Importance Of Site Inspections With Darren W. Johnson
Its time for the next edition of Event TALK! we are joined in this show by Darren W. Johnson, Event Producer, Best Selling Author, Corporate Event Trainer with Darren W. Johnson Productions located in Clermont, Florida joins EPN and Event TALK! Darren will be addressing the importance of site inspections.
Here are the questions being addressed in the interview:
- Why is it important to inspect a venue before contracting, can’t you get the info you need from the web?
- What are the key things you look for on a site survey?
- What are the deciding factors on selecting a venue for an event?
- What unexpected and unknown charges have you encountered when contracting a venue?
- Have you encountered a venue that appears one way during the day and completely different at night?
- How much consideration to available power for an event do you concern yourself with?
- Are restroom facilities a concern you look at during a site facility?
- What items do you typically measure when conducting a site survey?
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
About our guest:
Darren W. Johnson CSEP, a former United States Marine and seasoned veteran in the special event industry with more than three decades of experience in producing live events throughout North America and the Caribbean. Darren was recently featured in a documentary on the BIO channel titled “Life and the Party” and has been seen on FOX, ABC, CBS, and NBC affiliates, has written several articles for a national magazine on the topic of tailgating and is recently co-authored a book titled The Success Secret with New York Times #1 best-selling author Jack Canfield, co-creator of Chicken Soup for the Soul. Darren has just released his second book titled Going Live; Insider Secrets to Corporate Event Production which can be purchased at Amazon.com. Darren speaks at the University of Central Florida, Rosen Center on the topic of Event Management.
Darren’s new 2 day event production seminar series titled “Your Event Logic” begins this fall 2013 in Orlando, Fl. at the Walt Disney World Buena Vista Palace.
Darren has produced events for the Fortune 500 including industry giants such as Disney, Universal Studios, Pepsi, Frito Lay, Coors Light, IBM, Abbott Labs, Merck, Chrysler, Cadillac, Coca Cola, Microsoft, American Express, Sun Micro, Alliance, Prudential and hundreds of others. With over 4000 events produced in practically every location type imaginable ranging from desserts to tropical islands, ballrooms to cruise ships, tents to airplane hangars and race tracks to stadiums, he is a well-seasoned industry expert. Darren’s work at major sporting events include the Daytona 500, Pepsi 400, Super Bowl, PGA golf tournaments, NBA all-stars, Capitol One Bowl and the Orange Bowl.