5 Things You Didn't Know About Meeting And Event Planners
Fun facts about Meeting and Event Planners, our jobs, a favorite hideaway and how many projects we really plan.
1) There were 94,200 of us in 2012, and 33% of job growth projected by 2022 as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics Job Outlook.
2) We spend $263,000,000,000 (yep, that is Billion) on our projects annually.
3) We plan 1.8 million conferences a year in the United States. That’s 150,000 per month or 4,931 per day. Amazing, right?
4) Our favorite place at a venue is the walk-in fridge. It is the perfect place to hide away, throw a fit, and no one can hear you scream. Oh, and you cool off also.
5) Did you know our job is ranked number 5 in 2014 as the most stressful job in the country? It rates a stress score of 49.93, hence the need for a visit to the walk-in fridge.