How to save 60 hours planning your conference
Meeting and conference planners spend on average 60 hours per conference sourcing, reviewing, negotiating and finalizing venue contracts. On this episode of Event TALK we share how you can get that time back. We are speaking with Jasmine Eldeen, Director of Global Accounts with HelmsBriscoe, we chat about best practices for meeting planners in working with a hotel sourcing company.
Listen to show host Al Wynant and guest Jasmine Eldeen discuss the following:
- How is HelmsBriscoe different from a Convention and Visitors Bureau? Is there a distinct difference between what your organization offers vs. a Convention and Visitor Bureau or Destination Marketing Organization?
- How does a planner typically initiate a relationship with a hotel sourcing company, and what do you need in order to develop a successful partnership with the planner? In essence, what are the key pieces of information you need to provide a planner with a great proposal?
- When planners evaluate hotels, what are the key pieces of information they should research to insure the venue they select can provide the service needed, and how does a company like HelmsBriscoe help with that evaluation?
- What are the benefits for a meeting or conference planner to be working with a hotel sourcing company?
- Looking towards the future, what are some of the trends that you see that will change how meeting and conference planners work with a hotel sourcing company?
- Top 3 tips for meeting planners in working with a company like HelmsBriscoe.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Jasmine Eldeen joined HelmsBriscoe as Director, Global Accounts in 2015, and is based in Minneapolis, MN. Jasmine has tallied more than 15 years working with leading brands in hospitality, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. This experience means she intimately understands the inner workings of the hotel, meeting and event industry. From sourcing to mitigation, and everything in between, she is here to assist.
Jasmine brings passion, energy and dedication to every project. Her high level of commitment gives you the results and solutions you seek in a partner. Jasmine is committed to delivering efficient, exceptional and expert services, so her Clients are 100% satisfied. When Jasmine is not helping her Clients secure hotels for their meetings, she can be found networking at a local or global hospitality industry event through her involvement with Meeting Professional International (MPI), Global Travel Association (GBTA), Meet Minneapolis, Bloomington Chamber of Commerce and Edina Chamber of Commerce.
CONTACT JASMINE ELDEEN
Jasmine Eldeen, Director, Global Accounts