Planning The Audience Experience And PR For Your Events
Andy Perez, a Los Angeles based marketing and public relations consultant who has created more than 1,000 events in his career joins EPN and Event TALK. Andy will be discussing the importance of public relations in preparing for an event.
Listen to Eric Dye & Andy Perez discuss the following:
- Why is public relations an important piece of the planning puzzle as you prepare for an event?
- Preparing for an event, what are the key items or areas you want to review to insure a first-class attendee experience?
- What can a public relations professional bring to the planning process of an event a volunteer or event planner doesn’t necessarily have an ability to do?
- Lets say an organization does not have a budget to bring on board a public relations professional; what are some of the things planners or volunteers can do to insure a successful execution of event PR?
- What is one of the most successful PR activities you have planned for an event?
- Sometimes PR means damage control. What do you suggest event planners think about to minimize the possibility of negative public relations related to an event, and in the event damage control is needed, what are some tips you can share to manage this process?
- What are your top three PR tips for anyone planning an event?
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
About our guest:
Andy Perez is a Los Angeles based marketing and public relations consultant who has created more than 1,000 events in his career. Live entertainment: Cavalia, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Disney On Ice, The Radio City Rockettes, Monster Jam and dozes of touring Broadway and family shows. Film/TV: composers Alan Menken (Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast), Dan Licht (Dexter) and John Debney (Iron Man 2, The Passion of the Christ). Tourism: Travel Michigan, Greater State Street Council (Chicago). Retail: Taubman Shopping Centers. He began his career as an entertainment producer at WGN Radio Chicago.
Andy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.