Security Threats and Your Conference
Meeting Professionals International (MPI) has published its Meetings Outlook 2016 Fall Edition in partnership with MGM Resorts International. The report highlights a greater awareness of security threats amongst meeting and conference planners, and increased spending on security measures.
Meeting and conference planners are keenly aware of the threats their events face. It is no longer enough to just think about simple safety issues. Planners must now consider terrorism, contagious viruses, political unrest and protests when sourcing and planning their conferences and meetings. This edition of Meetings Outlook highlights that meeting professionals are giving safety and security top priority in their spending. The report also continues to highlight favorable growth.
- 15 percent of meeting professionals have increased threat awareness and response preparedness.
- 14 percent of meeting professionals stated security concerns influence destination selection.
- Good news too is a 4 percent increase in the belief that business conditions are favorable compared to the last quarter. 67 percent of respondents predict favorable business conditions compared to 63 percent in the previous quarter.
- 60 percent of respondents predict attendance growth with live event attendance to grow by 1.9 percent and virtual attendance by 2.4 percent.
- Only 8 percent of respondents believe that meeting planners are making the most of event technology.
View the full report here.