Top trends in meeting planning by trend expert Daniel Levine
On this episode of event TALK we are speaking with Daniel Levine about trends in the meeting and event planning industry. Mr. Levine is a trusted consultant to major companies and brands worldwide. He is regularly featured in newspapers and magazines and is often on television and radio, including on CNN, NBC and others.
He is the director of the Avant-GUIDE Institute and the global editor of the popular trends website WikiTrend.org where he leads a large international team of trend spotters, over 9,000 researchers who chronical the latest ideas, product and experiences from around the globe. We are speaking with Daniel about trends in the meetings and events industry.
Listen to show host Al Wynant and guest Daniel Levine discuss the following:
- How do you differentiate between just another new thing versus a trend?
- Current trends in the conference and event industry, and what does the future look like?
- How to overcome the “it’s a trend, it will be gone as soon as it appeared” type of reaction to meaningful trends or industry changes?
- How should a meeting planner evaluate if they should follow a trend or stay away from a trend?
- When is a trend is over? Is it really over, or does it become part of the mainstream?
- Top 3 trends every event and meeting planner should keep an eye on this year?
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
And please do us a little favor and share this post with others, for there’s a good chance that it will help them as they go about planning meetings and events.